Sunday, July 10, 2016

Guest at "So What's Your Story?" Radio Show



I had the honor to be the guest speaker at the "So What's Your Story?" radio show, with Dr. Hank Roubicek, last Thursday night..  This was my introduction:

My name is Jeremy Jason.  I’m going into 10th Grade and I go to Awty International School.  I’m enjoying high school, and am a bit anxious to face college.  I don’t know entirely what I want to be when I grow up, but presently I think I want to be a history teacher.  I find myself a bit different from other kids, while the others play sports for extra-curricular activities, I learn Latin and study Greek and Roman history and myths.  I have always had a fascination for storytelling, and I enjoy telling and writing stories.  I like it because it takes the listeners on an enchanted joyride through a world that highlights certain values that can help us citizens of the modern world.  I personally like Greek and Roman history and myths because the heroic actions and bravery stand out and show the true nature of these stories. 
On your show, I would like to tell the Greek myth, “Theseus’ Labors”, about Theseus’ heroic actions before his encounter with the Minotaur.  In short, he goes into a forest and encounters different bandits who are known to kill travelers in weird and disgusting ways.  I find this story very relatable because this story involves Theseus as an adolescent, which is relatable because I am an adolescent.  I find that his actions symbolize an adolescent’s purpose.  I don’t mean to kill random bandits, but the idea to take action and to find out who you really are, is extremely relatable.  Adolescence is a time of questioning.  Who am I?  What am I doing here?  What will I become?  These questions lead to actions, which separates children and adults.  Theseus’ actions mold the poor child from a poor village to a hero who awaits the biggest challenges that the world fears. 

Listen to the show:





 From left to right: Jacob Reiner, Jeremy Jason, Dr. Hank Roubicek and Nicole Grady



Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment